Monday 17 June 2013

Day Four In Hawaii - Cheap desserts And Shopping


Hey Guys !
We stayed in a nice  hotel that had a kitchen. We went on a few Costco runs. We tried Marlin jerky and Maui jerky. It was so good that we brought some home. We also tried chocolate covered mac nuts. Pricey, but so good. My sister and I started a new found craving of frozen yogurt. A large vanilla and chocolate twist cone was only a $1.05. My mom was easily convinced it was a good deal.
Hilo Hatties is well known in the town of Kona. It is popular for tourists. When you go in the door, there is a lady with shell leis and she places one on each customer. Royal treatment much?
Also there was samples of fresh brewed Kona coffee. I wasn't really interested into shopping, so I chatted with the two employees at the entrance for quite some time. They were shocked when I told them how old I was. (I am tall for my age)
When I told them about my dream of becoming a DJ, surprisingly, they were very encouraging. They told me to not give up and keep on pushing towards my dream of DJing. I felt very encouraged that total strangers would say that.

I found some cheap awesome hats that I fell in love with.  One said 'Hang Loose' Hawaii and one that had the hawaii islands on it. For four dollars....why not? The other is bright orange with the hawaiian islands on it. The big island is the dot in the word Hi. so boss.
The other cool purchase was a retro aloha shirt. It is black and white and sweet! One of a kind, I would say.
Hang Loose,
Asher






1 comment: